Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Status of My Flower Garden



It's pretty tricky working the seasonal department at The Home Depot day after day and not to buy any flowers. Everytime I walk buy certain flowers I say to myself (or outloud) "I should buy that". The lavender in particular, they smell SO GOOD!!! Alright you are probably wondering about the garden. I haven't put the brick edging back yet. The tulips, allium, and tiger lily's are up but none flowering. I just noticed today a few lily-of-the-valley coming back, and I THINK (and hope) I see one of the peony's emerging. None of the lily I planted last year are up yet, nor the hosta.

I just bought a small bleeding heart to put by the steps, and a small pack of snow-in-summer (not sure what to do with it yet).

I want a hanging basket that will attract hummingbirds to hang above the deck again this year.

I turned over two spots on either side of the delapadated garage down in the garden. We strung up some mesh and hopefully I'll have some sweet peas and morning glory trailing up the sides. If the sweetpeas ever decide to sprout!

There are signs of life in the Golden Clematis but I don't think the fuchsia one I bought last year made it.

I am aiming to bring mostly perennials into the garden (so far so good) and I have poppy seeds, and calendula seeds that I collected from friends to sew pretty soon.

Oh I could just talk about flowers all day long! I'm so glad to be working in the garden centre, even if it's out in the rain it beats Staples ANY DAY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment