Sunday, May 9, 2010

Showers of Blessing


Wow I just won a $40 gift certificate from Kathy's Greenhouse! The other day Sharon and I took a little trip to visit Castle Garden Greenhouse (and attached antique shop). Then we decided to continue on up with road to Kathy's Greenhouse - the first time I'd ever been there and it's a VERY beautiful shop. Very clean and super organized! I only bought a couple of things but (as an afterthought) put my name in for a weekly draw. I was very surprised this morning to find out I actually won! Yay for me!!!! Thank the Lord - I've been wondering just how much I could spend on the garden - and now we have a little extra.

All in all that day I bought more antiques than I did flowers! But it all worked out, I'm glad I didn't spend a tonne on flowers at that time. I can't wait to go back!

P.S. I bought a MINT CONDITION FireKing Peach Lustre 8" bowl in the swirl pattern (there were two but I could only bring myself to buy one - "good Nancy"). I also got a peach custard dish which is considerably warn BUT a FireKing and it was only $1. At the greenhouse I got a "Scarlet O'hara" morning glory and 12 multi- strawflowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment